10.15.2010

Dueling Darlings ~ Round 3 ... You're a Treasure!

Good morning!  For my Cancer Awareness Buttons and Bows card/post, please click the previous post - I have two for you today!




Although I have been fighting with my blog for about an hour, I have had the chance to hop around and see the amazing DDD creations that are up and let me tell you, this month we had a ball!  For those of you that might be new to our little traveling card kits or my blog {hugs!}, the Dueling Darlings are a group of super wonderful friends that met on SCS and created a card swap group - each of us takes a turn one month and creates a card kit for the others!  We are divided into two group - the Divas and the Dazzlers.   This month, the Divas (our group) was hosted by the incredibly sweet and talented Carol!  She sent us a cute kit with a Whipper Snapper image and so many wonderful embellies that it was impossible to chose, though I did try to squeeze in as many as I could :)  Sadly, I will be "rogue" this month as the paper she sent along with the kit ran away from me - far, far away!  I know it's in my craft-saster Cabana somewhere and promise to post a second card upon it's return!  (humblest apologies, Carol!)




This month we were to incorporate a "treasure' - either something given or recycled or found .... I struggled with what to put and originally had a small pendant my daughter had given me but it just didn't work.  It looked more like an afterthought and it's so special to my heart, I didn't want to just look like it was stuck on there anywhere ;)   So I found these darling little matching glittery butterflies that were given to me in a birthday package (last year - at least they didn't run away, too! LOL!)  Although they don't fit into a holiday card so much, they represent the friendship of Mike 'n Ike that are winter fishing together and the stellar friendship we Darlings have, too!   This card has layers on top of layers and is probably one of the poofiest cards I've ever made, but it was fun!  I'm not sure what kind of fold I ended up with either!  I started with a joy fold, flipped it sideways and changed the layout and somehow ended up with this - hopefully it worked, lol!

Here are the list of Darlings you can hop on over to visit and see what they did with their kits!

The Divas:  Kelly * Barb  * LJ * CarolJamie * Joan *  Judy
and

   Blessings!
~Kelly

Card deets:  GKD Green Apple, SU Bermuda Bay, DSP = Reminsce Winter,
stamped image:  Whipper Snapper, all embellies from card kit, tombo,
prismacolor markers, ice stickles

22 comments:

  1. How cute, love this card and how it folds, very nice. The little sparkling butterflies are so pretty. Hope your run away CS comes home soon :( I hate when it goes on a trip without me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly--you did a great job with this card. I love the layout and I bet this card is so pretty in person! I too hope you find your DSP soon--it was very cute! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my dear friend!!
    I am so glad that blogger coopreated fin ally and let you post this darling card!! I adore your work (as you know) and this is another stellar example of that! This WS image is just too cute and I am so gonna beg Carol for a few images to craft with...I have the perfect DP and my BFF will go gaga over it!
    It is such fun to be DUELING with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute, Kelly! I love it. Whipper Snapper designs are among my very favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Kelly! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, this is awesome! Great job with the fold and all the beautiful elements. Just think how much fun you'll have creating something special when you find that gorgeous paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly cute card Kelly. I love the fold! Your coloring is superb my friend. I love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute imahe kelly, love the colors too... BIG hugs und fröhliches Wochenende.... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, your card is beautiful!!! Love the image Carol gave you to work with and oh my goodness! Your coloring is amazing! Love the layout and the butterflies, too. Awesome, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is totally adorable!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Love the fold and how you incorporated those butterflies. What a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is a great fancy fold for card and I love how you kept the image coloring so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Kelly, you have me geegling....lol..If you notice the name on my new blog....that is where my dsp was too...took a lot of looking (I for sure lost the image I had already colored and had to start over...lol) You did an amazing job with this card...I love your coloring, your dsp, your layout, the fun fold....WOW....I just plain love your work...another outstanding creation by you!!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, beautiful both cards are amazing.
    God Bless,
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely awesome, Kels! I don't know where to begin with this one. First of all, that image is adorable, and you've colored it so softly and it's just beautiful! The fold and your special pendant are just perfect! Beautifully done, my friend! Have a peaceful and restful weekend! Heaven knows you MUST need it!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness..how precious and sweet this card is!!!
    Awesomely done...and it exudessss luv and friendship from all corners! U're fabulously creative Kell..as always! *tfs* :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, Kelly! I just love all of the layers. The colors of the DP are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card girl! I love the fold :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable image! I love the blue/green combo too. I'm so glad you were able to find those butterflies. I think they match perfectly - colour AND theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very cool and precious card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete