6.27.2011

Summer Fun with the Calendar Girls!



Hiya!  This weekend went by in a blur!  Dd16 and I went out on Friday night to dinner and a movie - just the two of us!  It's so sweet and wonderful to have one on one time with just one of our children since we have 4 - that happens next to never :)  I hope your weekend was wonderful, too!   I'm starting off the week early -- Calendar Girls post tomorrow but I'm posting today due to a full schedule this week :) 

Our most wonderfully fabulous hostess this month is Carol!  She gave us the challenge to make a card on what we plan to do this summer.  Starting the first week of July, we'll be traveling and visiting quite a bit of our fantastic Sunshine state all the way to the tippy top panhandle ... seeing some historic stops along the way, finishing up with the theme parks!  We've also spent quite a bit of the summer so far at the beach so I chose this darling sandcastle, paired with warm and tropical papers from MME.  



Inside View!
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm off to take little guy back into the pool ~ enjoy your SUMMER day!

                     Big hugs,
                        Bigger Blessings!
                   ~Kelly

Card deets:  SU! Night of Navy, PTI Hawaiian Shores; PTI White; Pumpkin Pie:  DSP = My Mind's Eye
Stamp:  Inkadinkadoo; SU Ink (stamped image) More Mustard and Creamy Caramel; SU Grosgrain ribbon;
prima flower; BG Ribbon; twine; i-rock; bling; cuttlebug, nesties, tombo
  

20 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend, like you I think it flew by.....gorgeous card, I can just about feel the sand and sun.....oh yeah, smell the salt water too, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, wonderful summer card. Love the sandcastle image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. I love the sandcastle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time, I agree having those special times, just one on one, is wonderful, I was able to steal some time with son while we were visiting. Sounds like you had fun girl time. Love your card, reminds me of Florida, so how perfect. The paper, ribbon, button and flower match so well and really top off the card. Wonderful job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya!! So glad you used this stamp, it is you!! I (still) need to get me card done...lol
    You nailed Carol's challenge and I can't wait to see what the other CG's post!!
    Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, beautiful colors! Definitely makes me want to find the nearest beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card! I love how you stamped that sandcastle (oh, hey, it just hit me... it's you!!! :)))) image... so soft, simple and dreamy.... and balances it out with the pretty, and colorful DPs, ribbon & button!

    Awwww... your one on one time with DD sounds amazing! What movie did you see? well, that didn't matter, right? We, too, went to see Cars 2.... hubby and I are HUGE Pixar fans! Loved it!! Fatty says thank you for the birthday wishes. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous girl, love your pretty card!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous paper for this gorgeous card!!! LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun I love all the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun summer card... so bright and cheerful! I'm finally settled and able to visit all my favorite blogs again.... You've done some totally awesome work in my absence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun and fabulous with your signature style! I just love the colors you use on your cards. So cheerful! Every time I stop by your blog, I'm instantly in a good mood! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the 'sandy' feel to this card. The dp looks a bit distressed and sand worn. Fabulous castle! Sounds like you have a fantastic summer planned. We will also be visiting your state for Universal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything here blends so well. Great selection of patterns and papers. Wonderful sandcastle image. A delight for the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a bright and beautiful card. Love that image of the sandcastle. Great DP and love all the layers. I must get more creative decorating the insides of my cards...you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sand castle...it's so fitting for here in Florida! Great choice of papers too. Love the button on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a bright and beautiful sunshiny card that perfectly captures your summer! Your cards are always so right on, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoowhee...you never cease to amaze me my wonderful friend. I love this card. The colors are so bright and inviting and your card...well hands down wonderful....I love it and you!!! The inside is just beautiful as well (that always tickles me to check them out as I'm not good doing insides)...you inspire me to try and do better....(but I think a class would be even better)...lol..This is great Kelly...you nailed this challenge...Big hugs to you.....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is gorgeous! I love how you left the image uncolored. Great papers.


    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete