1.01.2014

Word of the Year ~ Welcome 2014!


*Happy New Year*, friends!
2014, I welcome you!

Each year, I find a scripture and 'word of the year' 
to serve as my inspiration.
I don't make resolutions ~ 
I make goals and aspire towards them.

Why a word of the year?
Aside from something I adore doing each year,
it is a powerful little choice that guides me. 
One day after reading my daily scriptures,
one particular verse just jumped right out at me 
and I just KNEW.  God is good like that!

Last year was the year of Simplicity,
one I held fast to in all areas of my life.
This year, I am embracing as my Word of the Year .... 

Endurance!


 After reading Romans 5:3-5  {my scripture for this year!}


 one thing I noticed  from last year ...
I was tired.
I don't mean sick and tired!
I have a VERY blessed life
As a busy mommy to 4 busy kids, life has a way of not stopping 
and 5 minutes for a Starbucks, 5 minutes for a shower,
5 minutes to read my bible scriptures (etc)
became more of a reality each and every day.


When I put my goals to use this year, I will endure!

I will allow this word to help shape me to seeing the world
in a different light and going the distance - making it to 
the end of every goal I set for myself.

I even found this SUPER COOL new journal at an off-brand store
for $2 - it will be filled with all the things I plan to do
this year :)



2014 - Let's Rock!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


I've joined other moms and linked up to Only a Breath
and 5minutes for mom for my Word of the Year :) 

11 comments:

  1. Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kelly! You picked a wonderful word and verse to aspire towards this year! I wish you the best this year! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a verse and word to aspire to my friend :-) Love that journal too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you pick a year for the year and a scripture as well. I tried to pick a word last year but ended up with two but did find myself throughout the year remembering and striving to abide by them. Great journal. Good luck with the goal you have set and Happy New Year my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I love your word choice and am sure you will do well focusing on it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post- I am inspired by you so much- and want to know what you are going to do in your journal- write, created,doodle???
    Hoping for a fab 2014 for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly! What a joy to have a scripture and word from the Lord as a foundation...and a focus for the coming year! Doesn't it make life's situations lighter burdens to bear?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your post, your word and your verse. What a wonderful way to start the new year. Happy New Year 2014. I hope that you have a wonderful new year
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck with your word in the new year and your Bible verse is perfect!
    Speaking of perfect, the cover of the journal is awesome!!
    Wishing you every happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful message in your post today. Thank you. I just might use your scripture as my own.

    ReplyDelete