4.28.2011

Splish, Splash! It's the Calendar Girls! :)






Goooood morning to you!   It's the 28th and that means the Calendar Girls get to post our fabulous card creations!   This month, our hostess was the Fab Miss Terry!  She chose a fabulous theme for us to create a card with using the old adage "April Showers bring May Flowers!" Love it! Her challenge for us this month, in her words:

My challenge to you is to show me your April showers!
I have 2 requirements for you:
1. Use an image with a duck, a puddle, an umbrella or anything resembling rain or water!
2. Use a fun technique on your card that is “water” related!

Was I ever excited to ink up my Pure Innocence image that has sat w/out use since I bought it!   That was my 1st requirement :) I paired a bunch of papers together from the Togetherness papers using the kite/cloud papers - my idea was to show that even on a rainy days, there are always rainbows and sunshine to follow the clouds :)  I paper pieced her umbrella and little rainboots to match one of the DSPs I used.  


 Second, I attempted to make a gel card using the port hole card template I found on SCS and it turned out quite bad!  So back to the drawing board - and playing it safe - requirement #2 - I used my aqua painter and watercolor crayons!  I gave her a slight background of a blue-ish hue.  The inside is just an added bonus so I could put the sentiment  I hope I passed the test on this month's card creation from Terry!  Thank you, m'dear, for a wonderfully inspired card idea!  I wouldn't have used this set if it weren't for your challenge and even know exactly where this card is heading ;) 






  Want to see what the other FAB CG's are making with the challenge?  You can find them all here! 

April = April's Alley
Barb = Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Carol = Lost in my craft room
Debbie = The Ink Igloo
Jeanette = Cre8tive Play is Cheaper than Therapy
Kelly = Sandcastle Stamper {me!}
Michelle  = Ink'n General
Paola = That's Amore
Tami  = BlueInks Design
Terry = It's Totally Terry
Thanks for stopping by today! I still have to get my T.I.P. post up and running so I'll BBL!
Blessings to you!


~Kelly, Miss February

Card deets:  Cardstock - Blu Raspberry; Cameo Coral; So Saffron; PTI white:  Image - MFT Pure Innocence "My Umbrella"; Prismamarkers; Cuttlebug, Nesties, glue pen; MM brads; Fiskars border punch, etc!


34 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love the colors on this and all the great layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe it took you so long to ink up this adorable stamp! It is perfect for the challenge and the card. Love, love, love the paper piecing. Great job!

    Love,

    Miss October

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft and feminine pastels that you used on this lovely card. And what a great card it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Kelly...I'm smilin' from ear to ear. This card is absolutely adorable...I love it and like always the inside of your cards...wow...you simply amaze me girlfriend...with all you are doing how in the world do you find the mojo and creativity you continue to display in your amazing works of art...This card is da bomb....great job my friend....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card! Love the image and the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kel, this is super super cute !! Love the matching DP and the paper pieced umbrella. Wunderbar !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card and I love all the layers with the sweet paper, how perfect. The other technique is the paper piecing you used on the boots and umbrella. Cute! Maybe it will bring some rain to TX for the drought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, I've seen rain just about all week, hopefully it will rain out by the weekend, I love the image, she's so cute with her umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. smile... girl, your card is soooo cute, love the image, love all the pretty papers. TOLL.....Liebe Grüße!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....how did you resist coloring her up before this? Your paper piecing always looks wonderful - I am always so jealous of it!
    You rocked this challenge and I'm sure that soon we will see that gel/port hole technique....I must go look for it so that I can see what you are talking about....lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. what? no links? i can't seem to link to the challenge or the girls. boo hoo.

    but i love the card. your papers are beautiful and i just love the colors!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a darling card--I love the image and I am sure you will be inking it up more in the future! Great colors and I really like the watercolors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my...I LOVE everything about your card! The image is so sweet, gotta love those PI's. The DP is perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. It's to cute and I love the colors. TFS
    www.carriesscrapyard.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! What a great image and the soft color you used are perfect for her. Love the paper piecing on the umbrella and boots!!! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeeeeee.....squealing here!!! I absolutely love this!! Just pure joy!!! I'm a fan of MFT PI line and your card just validates why they are sooooo irresistable. An to make it even sweeter with those pretty Cosmo PPs. Adding this to my favorite cards file. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, this card is sooooo cute!! I'm wishing I had that sweet little girl and her umbrella to play with at my house! (In her rubber state, of course.=) I have plenty of ink!) You did a fantastic job with this card. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4/28/2011

    So very sweet! Your coloring combines beautifully with the paper piecing on this. I really like how you always decorate the insides of your cards, too -- makes them all that much more special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So precious... such a soft color pallet! Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, I, for one, just LOVE how it turned out! So cute and you always use the best patterned papers.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kelly....I love your card!! The image is adorable and I love the way you paper pieced the umbrella and boots!!

    You absolutely passed the test...I ♥ it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome card Kells!
    I love all the layered dp with such springy pastels color tones to each of them and the awesome pieceing tecnique U used on such adorable immie.Totally adorable both inside and out!!Such great job as always!!*tfs*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Kelly - she is soooo cute!!! I do love this MFT line..but I haven't made any purchases yet.

    Perfect paper pairings and I love the paper pieced umbrella & booties!!! Wonderful :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, and such a sweet, sweet sentiment. I love how you paper pieced the umbrella. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable card! I love the paper piecing!



    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this Pure Innocence image and your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking fabulous inside and out..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty. I love the soft pastel papers you used and what a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, Kelly! This card is darling!!! So many awesome papers and the sweet image. I love the paper piecing you did with it. I think the sentiment inside is perfect, too!

    Outstanding in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kelly, this is outstanding! I love how you tie so many different papers together perfectly! Piecing the umbrella and boots is brilliant! I love that technique. Such a great card, and I love the extras on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so sweet! That image is adorable and what a fantastic sentiment of reassurance to find inside!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous5/02/2011

    Oh Kelly! I just adore this card - the colors, the paper piecing, the sentiment ~ it's all just magic!

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is oh-so sweet and reminds me of home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cuteness!! I love the colors and the mix of papers. The paper piecing is such a sweet touch, too. :)

    ReplyDelete