9.27.2011

Pixie Dust Studios ~ Favorite Book/ Movie AND a snowman! :)

Hi there!   It's almost Wednesday and I'm already in much need of the weekend!  Not that those are any slower, lol, but at least we don't have to get up at 5:30 am **eek!**  

Today I'm back with TWO  cards for the new Pixie Dust Studios Challenge - make a card or project with your favorite book or movie.  Lucky me, they are the same - my favorite book series, Twilight, are now movies - woot, woot!  I actually read Twilight when it first came out and before it became popular, so when I'd say something off the wall like "So the Lion fell in love with the lamb" I'd get blank stares and a HUH?  LOL!!!  I was so thrilled when it finally made it to the screen!  Being a huge fan of the Twilight series, I am as anxious as many of you are for Breaking Dawn to hit the theaters!   I actually had this image colored up previously - my brunette version and this one blonde - but didn't have a chance to use it til now -- so lucky me (again!), I added it to some floral papers - you know, when Bella was in the field of flowers thinking of Edward.   My dd12 saw this one on the table and said "Is that Bella .... going Goth?"  ROFL!   Guess she could be going Wolf! :)

And, before I get to my card - have you seen the delish 15 days of
 P-I-X-I-E   D-U-S-T   S-T-U-D-I-O  going on at PDS and the blinkie on my side bar?  Superbly sweet, I tell ya!  Kathy, owner and illustrator, has been releasing an image a day with each coordinating letters of PDS ..... and today's letter is X!  So, I bring you a 2nd PDS card using her image called "X-rated Snowman!"  He's really harmless - just missin' his hat and scarf and a few buttons but still cute as can be!   You can find the DT samples and link up your Book/Movie cards at the challenge blog right here!



Favorite book AND movie - Twilight Series
 
Sideview
 
"X" is for X-rated Snowman! :)
My X-rated snowman card is using the Cute Card Thursday sketch and paired with SU winter papers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Big Hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

card deets:  TBA

15 comments:

  1. These are too cute! Even Kyle likes the Twilight series....lol

    And your poor, poor snowman....it is no wonder he has lost pieces being in Miami......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're snowman card is too cute! I like all the different layers and patterns. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both adorable but that snowman takes the cake! SO CUTE!! I don't know how you find the time to create so much...and so well! I'm envious (and perhaps a bit lazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Great papers on the first one and the snowman is hilarious! So fun!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ssshhh don't tell anyone, but I have only read the books and have not seen any of the movies!

    Such a cute 'bella' card. I love the flowers and the flower brad to tie it all together.

    The snowman is adorable. I really like the non traditional DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are awesome Kelly...so much fun, so creative, so colorful and just wonderful. I love the little x-rated snowman....I am smiling all over my face heehee.....Great job on these cards.... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are gorgeous, the snowman made me laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great cards! The bella card is adorable, love the papers and your colouring is super. The snowman is a hoot! So cute, and I love the layout of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Snowman Images and lovely bling and DP you have used on your card..and great coloring also...really beautifully done..

    I am also joining the Cute Card Thursday my card is number 79..would you mind to see my blog...many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are great! Love that first one with such wonderful DP - and the image is just adorable.
    The snowman......oh my goodness, what a cute, cute image and a perfect card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9/28/2011

    Both of your cards are so sweet!! :) I love that poor little snowman!! Your coloring is so lovely!! Thanks for letting me catch up with you!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are both fabulous cards but I love that snowman!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a great day,
    happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are just way to much fun! That X~ rated snowman is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Bella card is too cute! I love the floral paper and matching brad!LOL at the Goth comment!
    Love your snowman card! His expression is perfect and I love all of the layers and various shapes. I think I still have some of this DSP too... I might have to 'borrow' your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10/04/2011

    LOL - I read your title and was like "huh?" and then it all made sense! I love the cards ~ so much fun and just a wee bit sassy.

    Hope all is well in Kelly world! Hugs to you.

    M

    ReplyDelete