10.14.2011

Dueling Darlings: It's Harvest Time!

T.G.I.F!  The Dueling Darlings are back with another friendly "duel" with card kits with a theme - Fall Harvest!  I LOVE this time of year, though we aren't as fortunate to get changing leaves and cooler weather ... I do have wonderful recollections of the places I've lived and the memories I still have of those times :)  So it's always a tremendous joy to create a Fall card - and they have been on my bloggie all week!  YAY! 

The hostess this month for us Darlings was Tami!  She sent us one mind-boggling, gorgeous card kit with the stamped image and the papers, embellies and instructions to create a Fall card and accompany it with our favorite Fall recipe.  For my card, all I did was add cardstock and color the image - the rest was provided (except the big flowers in the upper left corner - that was a boo-boo when a big glob of glue when sploosh on my image I had JUST colored!  Rather than re-color it, I had to get creative and "cover up" that space - how'd I do? LOL!!)  And, I do apologize for the lighting - it's after 11 pm here and my eyeballs are crossing! *g*








The image Tami sent to us is from Stampin' Up's "Sweet Season" and I just love the nostaligic look to it :)  Did anyone else notice the wheels of this wagon image - it has smiley faces on it!  I don't know if that was intentional or known, but I saw it and just cracked up!  Love it!

For the challenge part of the duel, Tami asked us to share one my favorite Fall recipe.   No, it won't have anything to do with Pumpkin Spice Lattes :P
  :::  SHOCKER, I know! :::   LOL!
I actually an am avid cook - I LOVE to be in the kitchen and cooking/baking is one of my favorite activities.  One of my favorite Fall recipes is one that I make just ONCE a year - yep, one time and that's it 'til next year!  I make a home-made beef stew cooked into a pumpkin - delish!  I cook it right inside the pumpkin so not only it is rich and flavorful, its' so festive for this time of year!  The kids love it ~ me, being a vegetarian, won't actually eat it but it's still one of my all-time favorite recipes of all times!
I don't have a picture handy of mine but it looks similiar to this one here:


(**I have not tried this recipe, just showing you a similiar picture!)

With a loaf of Rustic bread, this is absolutely a YUMMY Autumn meal
and fills the belly with a bowl of nice, warm soup!  One tip:  Scoop some of the insides of the pumpkin when you are serving for a small helping of the pumpkin along with the stew!  Delish!

I will be back with my own Pumpkin Stew recipe soon - I make it from scratch and will have to scribble it down :) In the meantime, I hope you can stop by and see what the other Divas made using this identical card kit! 

Barb  *  Carol *  Jamie  *  JoanJudy Kelly (me!) * LJ  * Tami

and you can see what the Dazzlers made with their Fall
Harvest themed car kits  here on their blogs:

April * DarleneDebbie * Jeanette * Melina * Michelle * Paola * Terry
 WHEW!  You made it to the end of the post!  Hee hee! Cardstock:  SU Summer Sun, Dusty Durango, Close to Cocoa; DSP - Jenni Bolin; Image:  SU Sweet Season;

 *Next month, Jeanette and I are dueling hostesses and we have a doozy of a theme planned for the girls - bwawahahahaha!  I even have a little guessing game contest going on to see if any of them can possibly guess what the TWO OF US could possibly come up with - hmmmmmmmmm! Not tellin! :)

Big hugs!
Bigger Blessings! :)
~Kelly

brown glitter paper: Gsilk bronze; Offray ribbon and American Crafts; yellow embroidery floss;
prima flowers; Misc Buttons; prismacolor markers; Cuttlebug, nestie; ric-rac; 3d dots; tombo

22 comments:

  1. another gorgeous priceless card, that stew looks good too, even at 7 AM LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card love the image and the wheels on the wagon, wonder if that was an accident :) The stew in a pumpkin sounds warm and fall like and I can see why just once a year. Yummy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall perfection... that's what your card is GF! I love this time of year and am fortunate enough to live where the leaves change into glorious colors in all God's splendor! Your pumpkin stew looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, a day early you are girl!!

    But, not any less cute!! Love how you put it all together - even if you think it was a booboo!! ('Someone' obviously thought you needed a flower there....lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late or early no matter...ehehe I just loveeee the layout of this card and will love to case it too sometimes...perhaps for another
    challenge other than the duel... Not sure WHY on earth U'd think it as a boobo!!!??
    Awesome fall coloring and colors throughout...inside and out!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image is amazing!! Only you would have know the flower covered a boo!boo! I have never noticed the smileys on the wheels before...too funny! The inside is fabulous too1
    Beef stew in a pumpkin?! YUMMY!!! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Great colors on this and nice image! Yum does that pumpkin recipe look good!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job you did with the card kit, Kelly!!!!

    I just love how you were able to use so much of the paper. The layout is great. No, I had not noticed the smiley wheels....but I do now!

    I would not have thought to put stew in a pumpkin. Am going to have to check back to see your great recipe.

    Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to you to notice the wheels look like smiley faces!! You are always so chipper and sunny with your outlook on life!! Luv Ya!
    The card is sooooo cute! I just love this guy! And your recipe has me curious! Will definitely have to try it, whenever you get "free time" to post your own recipe!! LOL. It's a rare commodity, free time. (A myth actually)
    Accidental or not, the flower is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Kelly...both inside and out! Love your choice of colors and your layout! Very fun and festive card!

    Thanks for the bit of teasing at the end about our next challenge...I'm still not going to guess ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to go back and look at the smiley faces! giggle...you're right they do!
    I love your card! Such a cute image, no wonder both hostesses picked it!
    love the papers Tami sent in ya'lls kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10/15/2011

    Love it! I especially love your boo boo fix. What's the saying "it's not a mistake, it's an embellishment opportunity!". Your card is awesome all the way around and it's colored to die for! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boo, boo or not it came out fantastic, love this SU image! Great pic of your 'not really my stew'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww, what a cute image...Love your card Kelly...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card Kelly! Your coloring is fab as always. Love the way you used the DP and that your flowers match the DP so well. The stew looks delicious, I am going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, your card is lovely. Love the autumn colors and this sweet image.Perfect fall card ! Hugs to you !

    ReplyDelete
  17. First--I too noticed the wheels had smiles on them, but thought it was just me!

    Love your card and as usual, the inside is as great as the front. Your colors are wonderful and I really like how you used so much of the sweet paper we received. That stew looks wonderful and I was sure that picture was from your table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Card Kelly, leave it to you to design a beautiful card inside and out every time :)

    Hugs ~ LJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great eye Kelly, had to go back and look at those wheels...apparently my eyes were crossed when I colored mine as I didn't get it when I was coloring but certainly see it now....lol...I love how you colored your image...those pumpkins are perfect. I love the layout and you did an awesome job covering the glue...fun card, fun creator and can't wait to get the recipe...it sounds wonderful....yummm...High five to you my dear....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your card Kel! Tami sent us a great image! The stew also looks totally yummy, especially because I'm starving right now too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in awe, Kelly! Your card is jaw-dropping amazing! I love the way you did the papers... so clever! And the quote inside is perfect!

    Absolutly stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute! I love this image! I love how you also finished the inside of the card.

    Mmmmm, the pumpkin stew sounds delish. I'll be watching for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete