1.28.2017

Challenge Your Stash - Winter Racoon :)


Hello, friends!

Bit of a chill here in South Florida - and I couldn't be happier!! 
 It was 53° this morning when I was walking the pups - gorgeous! ♥

My friend Barb started a new challenge group this year,
Challenge Your Stash (CYS)
and it's a year long challenge for us to dig into our stash!
We use elements for cardmaking that haven't been used in a long time.
Such a terrific idea.
She also happens to be the first hostess of this monthly group,
which means she choses the challenge for us ~
this month, black, white and silver.

For my card, I used a racoon stamp from The Alley Way Stamps
(no longer open, and boy was I sad when they closed down!!)
as well as several sentiments from other TAWS stamps sets.
And here's what I created -
a silver fox with the snow flakes falling behind him,
nestled into a silver frame.
Challenge - √



For the inside, I continued the theme and left the racoon image uncolored,
a trick I learned from my former design team mate, Francis.  


I still have the boy's sleepover going on here this morning,
and it's so much different from when the girls' sleepovers took place!
We are hoping to enjoy the brisk, cooler temps outside today
and hope it stays for the weekend ♥

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly


Entered into:  Perfectly Created Chaos - b/w + one color (silver)
 

23 comments:

  1. Kelly these are super cute and beautiful

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deleted my first comment! 1-there was a typo, and 2- it's a racoon..not a fox! Adorable card with fab glittery snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! LOL! Thank you SO MUCH - again! I think this is the first time I've ever replied to my own blog - hee hee! I completely and absolutely 100% knew it was a racoon and not a clue on this earth why I typed fox! (maybe my age, I was channeling the 'silver fox' - ROFL!) Thank you, dear :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Kelly and the inside is fabulous too!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly... of course you would make a silver fox.... perfect! Love your card inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - inside and out! Superb silver hill ... and is that little racoon ever cute?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Kelly, love the front and the inside, they are adorablr both, beautiful designed! This raccoon is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable, Kelly!! I love the little raccoon!! The sparkle is fabulous!! The inside is beautiful, too!! Love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this eye-catching colour combo and that raccoon is a cutie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job Kelly. I love your use of black silver and white. And as always the inside is just as wonderful as the outside.Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kelly and I love the uncoloured little raccoon on the iside of your card too..Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming my newest follower...glad to meet you..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! I miss that company too! We have been in the 35 in the mornings! That is crazy for Arizona! I love it! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card. It really took well to the embossing. He almost looks like he's sitting on a big beautiful moon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really like you card Kelly. What a perfect image to use for the challenge. I think I like the inside as much as the front! I am so glad you are a member of the Challenge Your Stash group and I do hope you enjoy it too! Thanks for the nudge to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Created Chaos, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful and cheery cards Kelly, lovely.xx
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunner Kelly - love your interpretation of the challenge
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design, inside and out, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just darling Kelly!! I love your black and white theme with your added touches of silver sparkle!! He is adorable! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Mono Tone! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Mono Tone! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The outside and inside are equally cute. Im so used to your signature bright colors and this is a lovely change.

    ReplyDelete