1.23.2017

Mondays with The Project Bin - Color Burst!

Good Morning, friends!

*I have two blog posts again this Monday ~
for my Prickley Pear Day #1 post, click here!* 

It's Mondays with Kelly² at The Project Bin stamps blog



Sadly, I wasn't able to get a card made this week,
planned to play with new stamps and get inky this weekend,
but we ended up helping someone move.
I came home with a pounding migraine and felt so beat up,
I took a long bubble bath and went to bed early :/


So, I thunk and thunk some more!
I remembered a card I made back in September (yes! September!)
It never made it to the blog so I am sharing it as inspiration today.
At times, I am in absolute awe and stop and stare
 at the beauty God has given to us ...
from the beautiful marigolds in our front garden,
to the hues of sunsets and sunrises ...
Just glorious!


This card was inspired by Kevin, someone I was blessed to cross paths with on social media.  Here is his blog post, and his original card - isn't it gorgeous!  I watercolored this one on regular white cardstock -
while I usually use a heavy weight watercolor paper.  While it doesn't hold the water quite as well (the paper had some warping), it sure gives it a pop with the color burst and natural blending.  I tilted it to the right and left a bit so the colors could blend naturally.  Swoon ♥
    Thank you, Kevin for inspiring me last Autumn :)

Be sure to stop in the shop and peek at the new stamps and dies,
they are ever so darling!

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly 





10 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations, Kelly. Fall colors are my favorite too! Love the cut circle on the second one. Not quite sure how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your colors sure do pop! Autumn is my favorite time of the year! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly fantastic colours and beautiful card alos your card above and under.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, so impressive and wonderfully coloured! Love the dimension of the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite color is autumn, too, Kelly! This card is gorgeous!!

    Hoping you are feeling better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/23/2017

    Wow, Kelly!! Those autumn colors POP off your card! Truly awesome! Thanks for the shoutout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning card my friend!! The colors are amazing!! I love the design!! So, so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly this is amazingly bright and dynamic - love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better. I can't stand a "normal" headache - I'm sure a migraine would be the death of me! I must say, these colors are gorgeous - as is the design. So bold!

    ReplyDelete