1.25.2017

Prickley Pear - It's a love thing ♥


Hi friends!

I dropped the kids off at school - check!
put my library books in the overnight bin - check!
grabbed my Starbucks on the way home - MAJOR CHECK! 
Walked the doggies - check!
and now I'm home for a whole 2 hours to craft :)
BLISS!

This morning, I have a lot of love to share ♥
 I've made a few more cards using stamps from the Prickley Pear 
new stamp release ~ so many wonderful stamps in this release.
First up, I've watercolored this Valentine card.

I.  am.  so.  obssessed!

I could just paint the day away if given the chance :)
I used the love birds rubber stamp and the Be Mine sentiment
from the love banner set.


 I've also created 3 mini cards using the Valentine's Cupcake stamps,
one for the yummy flavors that are popular in our home.
I am a HUGE fan of Key Lime and we're super lucky to live in 
the tropics were it's pretty common here.
Plus, we have a tree in our yard where they grow to our hearts content!
It's always fun to make Key Lime flavored deserts.
And, of course, strawberry and blue raspberry!

 Here's a look at them with the inside area for writing little notes.  These are perfect to add to packages and gifts as well. 
I used a large nestabilities die but didn't quite cut it all the way through
to create a card base.  My circle die created the backdrop, 
and these are colored with my prismacolor markers :)  
Some twinery baker's twine and gems and done!
 Thanks for checking out the blog today!
Be sure to head over to the Prickley Pear blog for more inspiraiton
and the shop to see these stamps and more!

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly
 

22 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW Kelly!! What stunning creations you have for us on your post today!! I ADORE those sweet love birds and your coloring looks really stunning with them!! All of those delicious looking cupcake circular cards are just the cutest ever!!! Super fabulous makes today my friend!! I love them all! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being my newest follower, Kelly....love your blog too, so I have become your follower too!
    Love your coloring of the sweet love birds and the small cupcake cards are also fab!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so stunning, Kelly!! The watercoloring looks amazing!! I love the sweet birdies on the first one!! The cupcakes are yummy on the second ones!! I love the round shapes, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercoloring Kelly and such a cute idea on the little note cards. Love those. You are definately trying to put me in the "SPRING" mood with those colors! LOL I'm Not Ready Yet! LOL! But your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, Kelly, I really appreciate your kindness. Had to take a peek at your gorgeous work and all I can say is WOW!! (I'm now following you too :) ) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thank you for your lovely comments Iam
    now following your blog too.
    Your cards are so cute love those owls.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Kelly this is super cute and the watercoloring background is great ! Love it.


    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, so good to meet you!! Thank you for your visit snd lovely comments, I am here to return the favour and I am not disappointed!! I have had a good look at your lovely work. Looks like we share a love of the non-fussy card, although some times I will have a go if the mood takes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. I love your water coloring background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhhh... LOVE this valentine card!! So warm, vibrant and colourful!! Great background and choice of colours! The birdies are a delight, so cute and sweet!!
    Pinned! :D
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524486644016/
    Lovely little notes cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous background. Love the owls - of course. And your mini cards are just delightful! Wonderful shape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative Kelly! Love the bright colors of the yummy cake cards and your little owl card is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly for the wonderful comments you left on my blog your cards are gorgeous and the cooours are stunning. I love the cute little birdies.

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the perfect morning! Great cards, love the colors on those cupcakes! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your birdy card Kelly - that background is stunning, you are really rocking the watercolouring. Those wee note cards are sweet.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorably sweet Kelly love the colours and your watercolouring I think you need to give me a lesson.xxx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card - Check!
    Adorable Mini Cards - Check!

    Inspired - Check!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work with these two owls in love!! And how cute are those cupcakes!! Looks like I need to "check" out these new Prickley Pear images, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many fabulous cards, Kelly! Love your gorgeous watercolor on the first!! It's the perfect backdrop for the sweet stamp! The other three are such delicious colors! Key Lime was always my Dad's favorite! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kelly, Thank you for your lovely message on my blog and also taking the time join as a follower. I have also joined your blog. I just took a troll through your art work and it is so bright and uplifting. Wonderful!! It's zero degrees here today but your sun warmed me up!! Thank you for comment re my friend. Sadly it doesn't look good now and nothing more they can do for her now. I also have another, very old friend who has Pancreatic cancer and yesterday she was told it's in her lungs now. She is only 62 years old and has been my best friend for nearly 40 years! Going to be a sad year. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kelly, your cards are so fun! I really enjoy watercoloring too, you are inspiring me to do more! I love how vibrant your watercolor valentine is! The cupcake cards are so cute!! Hugs and Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete